Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

James birthday was very exciting this year. Ellie thinks she has the whole birthday thing figured out. I'm sure she thinks that the word "birthday" means presents and cake.

James and his birthday apple pie.
Ellie readjusting Daddy's candles.
The morning of James birthday I got myself and Ellie dressed while he was still sleeping. I quietly told Ellie "today is Daddy's birthday" and you should have seen the excitement on her face. The idea that it was her Daddy's birthday was just almost too much for her to handle. She very enthusiastically ran to our bedroom door, slammed the door open, jumped like a frog to the bed, and started yelling, "Daddy, Daddy! Happy Birthday, Daddy". After he sat up and told her "thank you" and gave her a big hug she stepped back and said, "Ummm, Mommy and I go bye-bye and buy you preeeee-zents and CAKE!!!". I nearly fell over since I never once mentioned gifts or cake to her. She obviously put two and two together and figured out why we had gotten dressed so early.

Now all she can talk about is her own birthday party and what kind of cake she wants and what type of decorations she wants. Her idea, of course, changes from week to week but this week she's all about Tinker Bell.

1 comment: